The Quality Control Inspector position performs structure testing to support acceptance for all production products. QC Inspector is responsible for initial validation of all production lines and hourly inspection checks throughout the day, concerning all areas of quality.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Test parts on Hydrostatic Pressure Machine for structural integrity of molded and welded product.
- Perform flow rate on assembly filters per specifications of gallons per minute (GPM).
- Select product for testing at specified stages during the assembly process to validate filter performance. Testing includes leak test, air test, and burst test (Hydrostatic Pressure).
- Verify each stage in production and commercial lines during the assembly process to ensure proper components, labeling and packaging are to standards.
- Take corrective action when necessary to ensure quality products are produced and shipped properly.
- Initiates non-conforming material report (NCMR), identifies bad product and tags and quarantines.
- Logs all results in the database.
- Performs initial pilot run and drop test on a new product.
- Confirms that recommended safety and housekeeping practices are being maintained.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Technical Capacity.
- Detail Oriented.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analytical.
- Time Management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Quality.
- 3-5 years experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in Quality in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must be adaptable, able to multitask, work efficiently and have the ability to perform work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Must have good planning, organization, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to make good judgment, be focused, and pay attention to detail when operating equipment.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 (preferred)